Small Business IT
Business Application Software
- Headstartup.com is the largest collection of web-based software applications for small business. Software apps are searchable by category (like "accounting"), keyword or tag.
- GetApp.com allows small and medium businesses to search, find, compare and review the best business software solutions and services.
- SmallBizTrends.com's 50 Must-Have Small Business iPhone and iPad Apps details small business apps.
- Appolicious is a community review website for mobile applications - see the Business & Finance category for apps related to small business.
- $ Columbus nonprofit Platform Lab provides affordable rapid, flexible IT infrastructure of servers, software, massive bandwidth and setup. Small businesses can leverage the Platform Lab infrastructure to validate their solutions and prove scalability to their potential clients and investors. See website for pricing - discounted rates available for TechStart companies.
Small Business Website Resources
- TheMetropreneur.com's "How to Design Great Business Websites for Less than $200" is a how to guide for businesses written by a former web design & development professional. Great resource for small businesses looking to set up a professional business website.
- Inc.com's "10 things Every Small-Business Website Needs" outlines the basics like company description & contact information.
- Bnet.com's "7 ways to make a better "About Us" Page" provides tips about this very important page.
Training & Workshops - IT
- New Resource: SCORE's ebusinessnow.org website offers workshops to help small businesses use technology to boost business, make a technology roadmap, jumpstart sales and apply technology to increase cash flow.
- The SBA's Small Business Training offers a free Business Technology Simplified (link to register for online training). Follow this link to read more about the initiative through the SBA's press release.
|CML Library Card required to access resource.|
|$||Information/services provided are at cost|
|Resource targets a special population (i.e.: woman, minority and/or veteran).|